Monday 28 February 2011

Skiing

Hochficht and Zauchensee

Last weekend my dad and I went skiing to a nearby ski resort called Hochficht. Since Austria is one of the best skiing nations in the "FIS Alpine Ski Wolrd Cup", you can imagine that skiing is very popular over here and for me, skiing is one of my favorite hobbies.

Hochficht is a small ski resort, but still big enough to spend a whole day there. It was here where I learned to ski. The weather was fantastic and we had a wonderful time. Here are some impressions of today:

Hochficht

Hochficht

Hochficht

Hochficht

Zauchensee

Each year my family is on skiing vacation in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee. Usually we spend a week there, because Zauchensee is a wonderful ski resort in Salzburg. It's really large with slopes for every skill and features only modern ropeways, so you don't have to queue long.

Zauchensee

Zauchensee

Zauchensee

Austrian Alps

No comments: